User Rating:Click to vote
EveryStep Review, Overview, Features and Comparison of Alternatives
Ensure your users have the optimal user experience. Monitoring with EveryStep Browser Automation gives you the flexibility to test virtually anything that can be rendered in a browser. EveryStep is one of the few application monitoring tools that allows you to interact with any web application, including: Flash, AJAX, Silverlight, HTML5 and more!
Run EveryStep scripts from any Windows-based computer or virtual device and compare performance from around the world. Premium accounts can schedule any or all of Dotcom-Monitor’s global agents to provide 24/7 website and web application monitoring as frequently as once per minute.
Web Testing Automation with EveryStep:
- Test your websites to ensure they work properly
- Monitor your websites for unexpected outages
- Alert you when outages occur
- Analyze the performance of your website
- Diagnose problems with web elements
- Report on the metrics important to your organization
- Record user-like interactions and play back in a real browser to identify issues
- Optimize the speed and performance of your website
EveryStep browser automation runs scripts from your local machine as frequently as once per minute or every few hours, ideal for teams using continuous integration or frequent integration. Navigate menus, click buttons, test hover states, run search functions, select images, add items to shopping carts, login to portals, and more. EveryStep scripts test multiple steps in a web-based transaction whether it’s traditional HTML, Flash, Ruby, PHP, Java, Silverlight, AJAX, .NET, HTML5, etc.
In test-driven development environments concerned with integration issues, EveryStep can instantly detect and alert you to unintended changes. If you practice extreme programming with continuous integration or frequent integration you can use the EveryStep tool to script automated tests and schedule them to run as frequently as every minute or simply every few hours. With EveryStep you can create scripts that will navigate your website, testing for functionality and connectivity. EveryStep automates website testing, quickly diagnosing root cause of connectivity and functionality issues.
Record walkthroughs of your site, scan for specific text, images or other elements, and then set the EveryStep Script player to run as frequently as once per minute. EveryStep will alert you if text or images fail to display properly. Find bottlenecks in page load performance by scheduling a scripted walk-through of your website throughout the day. EveryStep tests the performance of every element on a page giving you in-depth page load data and Time To First Byte (TTFB) – including third party elements. Test complex elements on your site such as AJAX, Silverlight, Flash or other rich internet applications. EveryStep scripts specific user actions, allowing you to test page load, functionality, and the overall user experience.
Dotcom-Monitor has been monitoring the performance and uptime of websites for over 15 years. During that time, we recognized that many of the monitoring scripts used to monitor website transactions and emulate real users on a website would also be useful for load and stress testing.
Test Web App Functionality
- Monitor your website for sporadic, hard to find errors
- Perform e-commerce testing to ensure visitors are able to complete transactions
- Ensure a consistent user experience
Scripts that Emulate Real Users
- Easy to quickly record web interactions
- Simulate a real user experience by performing synthetic monitoring from your own machine
- Record tests of critical paths across your website
Page Load Speed
- In-depth page load data
- Time To First Byte (TTFB)
- Individual element load speeds
- Third party element response times
- Waterfall charts
- Spot check webpage load speed throughout the day
- Analyze waterfall performance charts – find elements that hurt website performance
- Identify slow loading elements
Monitor Website Uptime
- Detect website errors
- Verify that third party elements are loading and displaying properly
- Receive real time email alerts if your site goes down
Run Continuous Tests
- Perform transaction monitoring at all hours of the day
- Receive Alerts when the site performs slowly
- Track the performance of 3rd party content throughout the day
Note: Premium Plans starting at $77.99/month.